Thursday, September 24, 2009

You Decide

I got this email yesterday.

.MY NEIGHBOR IS AN EMPL. OF THE C.O.D. ...APPARTENLY CITY EMP. HAVE BEEN TOLD IF THEY ARE CAUGHT CAMPAINING FOR THAT" OTHER GUY", THEY COULD BE SUBJECT TO DISCIPLANRY ACTIONS...I TRUST MY NEIGHBOR & FRIEND AS TO THIS SOURCE OF INFO, SOMEHOW THIS DOESN'T SEEM RIGHT(SOMETHIN' ABOUT THAT, OH WHAT IS IT?, OH YEAH, FIRST AMENDMENT...

I think the message is sad and pathetic. If any city employees have any email correspondence regarding anything like like this from the city managers office or the commission, please forward it to me. No names will be revealed.

Stuff like this proves that city hall is not only disconnected from the citizens and the business community, but also from their own employees. Things have to change. This indicates that we have a dictatorship on a local scale. Like I stated above. Pathetic.
If you are employed by the City of Dayton and think this behavior has to cease, you have only ONE choice for mayor on November 3rd.

Vote for the INDEPENDENT candidate. VOTE for Gary!

3 comments:

Hall said...

One of my neighbors is a city employee. I should ask him... Not sure if he'd trust me enough to be honest and can't say I'd blame him. I do know one of the members on your FB page is a city employee.

Anonymous said...

I don't work for the city, but I have worked for the government before, and it is really pretty standard to not be able to endorse or campaign for *any* candidate.

Anonymous said...

As a city employee, I have not heard anything like that. They have a standard personal policy that applies to political activity. It does not mention any particular party or candidates.

I think the purpose is to help ensure that the professional staff remains as impartial as possible while doing their jobs.

Obviously, everyone has an opinion of some sort. But much like the military, we serve at the discretion of our leadership - whoever they may be.

If you consider a 30-year career public servant, it is not in our interest to endorse any particular side because we will be here much longer than any politician.