Friday, September 25, 2009

Smear Site Launched

I am a an Independent candidate in a NON-PARTISAN local mayoral election. The incumbent is a delegate in the Montgomery County Democratic Party. The Montgomery County Democratic Party has paid for their candidates literature piece and they have set up a web site in order to conduct a negative campaign against me. I ask the question "WHY is the party getting involved?" The web site was set up and paid for by the Montgomery County Democratic Party on August 6th, 2009. A post was entered on September 9th, 2009.
Just on Monday, Martin Gottlieb from the Dayton Daily News editorial board asked my opponent and myself if there was anything they should know about negative campaigning. The incumbent said "No. Not that I know of." I stated that "I will run a truthful and factual campaign." If this question is asked of me again, my answer will not change. Since the incumbent tracks this blog and my web site, I hope her answer is truthful next time.

11 comments:

Cyndi said...

Either the site has been shut down or it's not working at the moment.

Gary said...

Try now. I put .net in the link instead of .com.

Cyndi said...

Wow. What a joke. You must really be a threat for them to put up (and pay for) that website.

Seems like anyone can make comments though...

Anonymous said...

Looks like they are now trying to paint you the klansman by taking your words TOTALLY out of context.

Anonymous said...

Technical Contact:
Klco, Daniel daniel.klco@gmail.com
Montgomery County Democratic Party
131 South Wilkinson Street
Dayton, Ohio 45402
United States
(937) 222-4007

You can always send Daniel questions.

Agent0042 said...

That site is just sad. I visited the link to the posts in question and I found your thoughts insightful and well-said, just as the people on the board did. I am tired of what is happening in Dayton. I have not 100% decided on my choice yet, but you almost certainly have my vote.

Erik said...

@ Cyndi: not exactly. I've left several comments and none of them have been approved. At least Mr. Leitzell and Mr. Esrati allow differing opinions... I wouldn't want to put my support behind a candidate or party that won't allow criticism or debate, especially while giving the false impression that they do.

@ Anonymous: the irony of it is that they accuse him of "playing on the divisions of the past for political gain", while, in taking his comments out of context to implicate him as a racist, are doing precisely what they accuse him of.

Additionally, they smear the candidates' ideas while not providing any of their own. If all you have is negativity, why should the city support you?

Will B. said...

I gotta say that the content, even for a lame ass smear site, is just atrocious. It has no relevance whatsoever to the issues that Dayton faces, and what you propose to do to help remedy them. Lame.

Anonymous said...

the owner of this domain's Linkedin page is
http://www.linkedin.com/in/danielklco
He is a pretty active democrat, as you can see
http://www.mcyoungdems.com/content/blog.php?author=Daniel%20Klco
And has awfully big words concerning the Dayton election, coming from someone who lives in Kettering.
http://www.klco.org/

Anonymous said...

It seems every thing is well sourced of things mr. gary has said on another forum, unless that is not mr. gary. They are things that someone who wants a credible chance of being a mayor of a medium sized city should not be saying.

Gary said...

To the last anonymous,
READ the source of those comments and determine for yourself if the comments are taken out of the context in which they were written.
I have never been ashamed of anything that I have ever posted. At least I am participating in the conversation and if you check the dates when those posts were made, you will see that I have been posting for a long time.