Monday, August 3, 2009

If You Give a Pig a Pancake .....

You can never please everybody in this life. I got this email today;

DO NOT EVER SEND ME ANOTHER EMAIL. REMOVE ME FROM YOUR LIST. I AM NOT INTERESTED IN YOUR TACTICS. DO NOT RESPOND TO THIS. I BELIEVE THIS EMAIL TO BE EXTREMELY INAPPROPRIATE. YOU'RE GRASPING AT STRAWS. AGAIN, REMOVE ME FROM YOUR LIST, DO NOT RESPOND TO THIS. IT IS NOT WITHIN YOUR REALM TO DECLARE ANYTHING AND THIS IS AN INTRUSION OF MY WORK ENVIRONMENT.

This was a response to the email that I sent out last Friday. I have posted that email below so that you can see how offensive it is.

The author of the above email works for the City of Dayton and holds a nice position. Their email address is listed on one of the City of Dayton contact information pages. It is public information. They also have the option to delete the email before they read it. My guess is that a certain person is having a bad Monday. However, this kind of customer service must stop. I am a customer of the City of Dayton and this person has forgotten that. They have also failed to realize that you only get one chance to make a first impression. When I eventually meet this person that impression has already been made. Attitude from Civil Servants drives customers away. Period!

This person could quite simply have stated the following "Mr. Leitzell, Please do not send emails to me at work." or "Please remove my email from your list."

Here was my email that prompted the reply;


Just a reminder. Three more businesses have asked to participate. They are listed below!

Gary Leitzell
www.daytonmayor.org


City of Dayton Employee Appreciation Week August 3 – 9, 2009
In these tough economic times, I appreciate all the day-to-day hard work of our city employees. This is why I think it is a great idea to host an appreciation week. I would like to declare the week of August 3rd through August 9th as "City of Dayton Employee Appreciation Week. Wave "hello" or nod your head to our police, firefighters, emergency medical teams, waste collection workers, recreation and park personnel. To show their appreciation, the following local businesses are offering a 20% discount on meals served at their establishments to all city employees who show their City of Dayton badge. Alcohol is not included, of course!
I am sending this out to hundreds of people on my email lists. I apologize if you get this more than once. Please forward it to people in the Dayton region and all the city employees that you know. Let's show them that we appreciate their hard work.
Thank you,
Gary Leitzell

*Charlie’s Deli & Catering
Serving Old North Dayton for over 40 years
429 Troy Street, Dayton

*Slyder's Tavern
836 Watervliet, Dayton

*Dolcessa
An Explosion of Artisan Italian Ice Cream Flavors
1106 Brown St.,Dayton

*Trolley Stop
Neighborhood Tavern to the World
530 E.Fifth St. Dayton


*Uno’s Chicago Grill
Serving Downtown Dayton for over 10 Years
126 N. Main Street, Dayton

*Milano’s Atlantic City Submarines
Established 1969 (25% off)
1834 Brown St., Dayton

*The DELI
Top of the Market
32 Webster Street Dayton

*The Brunch Club
Voted the Best Breakfast in Dayton
601 South Main St.,Dayton

*AVON
Angel Mahle
Independent Sales Rep
937-867-3711 H
937-212-8830 C
www.youravon.com/amahle

2 comments:

Cyndi said...

Wow... just... wow.

Unbelievable.

I'm still shaking my head.

Leslie said...

This was offensive?? That is a new one!! I think they know their time is coming to a close and do not know what to do about it!! Just my thought!