Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Not to beat a dead horse, but……

While NCR’s departure has left a hole in Dayton’s economy, let’s not forget that with every failure new doors open. That hole will be filled.
What has really left a sour taste in my mouth is that fact that local leaders now feel the need to meet behind closed doors to discuss the growth of Dayton’s economy.

See this article in the Dayton Daily News.

Even before my mayoral campaign I have repeatedly stressed the importance of having plans A, B, C, D and even plan E. Realize the worst case scenario and be prepared with back-up plans. Any problem solver or strategic thinker lives by that credo.
Our leaders meet behind closed doors and think that they can come up with all the solutions themselves. I have learned to consult with professionals and those affected by the plans. The result is always a better solution. While they were planning on what would be an NCR caliber company I wonder if they missed this article in the Dayton Business Journal. I would be calling Boeing and at the very least would be asking what it would take to make this happen in Dayton.

No comments: