Saturday, March 7, 2009

The Republican Party Endorsement

A couple of weeks ago I recieved a phone call from the Montgomery County Republican Party. The chairman, Mr. Gregory Gantt wanted to meet me. I met him at a local coffee shop and we exchanged stories for an hour. He asked me how I would feel about being endorsed by the Republican Party. I stated that I don't have a problem with it since they had come to me but he may want to wait to see who gets on the ballot. Their endorsement doesn't make me a Republican candidate in our Democratic town. I am an independent candidate in a non-partisan mayor election.

The day I turned my petitions in they wanted to meet with me again. They checked my paperwork for me and basically told me I was their guy. They wanted to help me get elected and would rally the business community behind me.

I have to see the bigger picture. This endorsement does many things. It gives a shimmer of hope to the regions business owners who feel left out while at the same time connects me with them directly. A connection that I need if I am going to win this election. I am willing to listen to all ideas. That includes both Republican and Democratic ideas. We all have to think way outside the box if we want to get things done in Dayton. This strategic alliance also helps to level the playing field by giving me access to the same information our current mayor has and most importantly it tells her I am very serious about what I am doing.

1 comment:

FTLODadmin said...

Congrats on the endorsement. I supported you before this endorsement and I will continue to support your efforts to reform Dayton. As far as I can tell, you are the only real alternative Dayton has to the embarrassingly incompetent Rhine McLin. Please let me know how I can help you further.